A Lot Of Maybes


As I get older
Al lot of maybes
Invade my conscious
Like a buzz of bees
It's stingy somehow
And alarmingly noisy
But people tell me
That is maturity.

As I get older
A lot of maybes
Invade my home
My shady trees
Destroy that light
Sense of peace
And throw me under
The heating sun
Of doubt,
The fear of inbetweeness.

Why love is not easy?
Why Life is a struggling battle
For everyone to survive?
Once,
My friend told me:
Give everything in life
A fifty-fifty chance
Cause there is always 
A may-be.
Once,
My psycahrist told me:
Hold a bit your judgement
Because things are not
As usually seem to be.

And as I get older,
I become more sure
That life is full of countless
Possibilities,
Countless maybes

And though it is painful,
Dismantling my peace,

May be, as they say,
It is a sign of maturity.



Comments

Popular Posts